Technically, Fall began on September 21st. However, now that I live in California, I’ve sadly found that the turn of season that I was used to in New England does not exist here. Of course, intellectually, I knew that before we moved, but living through it certainly exacerbates the difference.
I keep waiting for it to rain, even a little, for “nasty” fall weather to arrive, and…nothing! It’s maddening! People here keep talking about how it’s going to get “colder” or rain will come, but I’m kind of at the point that I don’t believe them any longer.
Some of you might be thinking I’m crazy, but I really do love fall. Cooler temperatures, beautiful foliage and Better Sweaters from Patagonia are my jam. So, despite of the summery weather, I’ve created a bucket list of what I hope we can accomplish this fall as a family:
- Make and store a MASSIVE amount of soups, stews, and chilis using our new blender!
- Go apple-picking.
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween.
- Create an autumnal centerpiece for our dining table.
- Take H trick-or-treating! (Is this allowed when your child can’t even walk yet?)
- Bake a pie.
- Cozy up in the hammock with Hot Cider/Hot Chocolate one morning on the balcony.
- Go on a hike while we’re in New England.
Indeed, there are many other things I would like to do. But, I’m trying to keep my list to the adventures I’d MOST like to have, so that we can actually get to them.
Any other suggestions?