Back in high school, my best friend, Kelly, gave me a book titled, Listography: Your Life in Lists.
As the title indicates, the book is a collection of lists that you, the reader, get to create! Each page has a title or prompt that asks the reader to list his/her own favorites in that category. For example, one page asks you to list your favorite restaurants.
When I received it, I immediately loved the concept of the book, but unfortunately I never followed through with my plan to record one list each subsequent week. As luck would have it, however, I rediscovered Listography in my shelves as Tyler and I completed our new year’s cleaning. Most of the pages were clean, once again beckoning me to fill them with memories, thoughts and favorites.
As a result of my discovery, I decided to recommit myself to creating the lists. This time, however, I will share them every once in a while here, on the blog. So, without further ado…List #1…
The Bad Things I Did as a Kid (in no particular order)
- Bit my sister Rachel when she was two days old. No joke. I was jealous.
- Threw my chunky high-heeled shoe at my bedroom wall in a fit of rage. (age 13)
- Tormented my youngest sister, Amy…all the time.
- Kept the TV on mute when I was supposed to be doing my homework. (Who can resist Dawson’s Creek?!)
- Told my dad I brushed my teeth before bed when I didn’t. (Somehow, I’ve still avoided getting cavities.)
- Punched my friend, Paige, in the stomach (1st grade)
- Stayed out one hour after curfew – once! (high school)
- Dressed my three year old brother up in a denim jumper, a headband, and Polly Pocket earrings. (age 8)
- Gave the middle finger ALL the time (seventh grade), and finally…
- Hid in a pool shed while the cops broke up a party I’d been at. (high school)
So, yea, I wasn’t that rebellious. #8 and 9 are about as bad-ass as I got. That being said, if I’m being totally honest, I really only gave the middle finger to my friends. I never would have dared do it to an adult. Similarly, while I was hiding in a pool shed, I was stone-cold sober. I didn’t drink until I was 21, so…..yea, “bad’ is definitely a relative term.
Finally, to cap off my inaugural “Listography” post, I wanted to share one more very important list – the 2014 Academy Award “Best Picture” nominees ! They were announced yesterday and I can’t help but share:
12 Years a Slave
Dallas Buyer’s Club
The Wolf of Wall Street
Given our list Winter To-Do List, Tyler and I have got our work cut out for us. At this point, we’ve only seen three of the nine nominees (American Hustle, Captain Philips and Gravity), which means we have six movies to see before March 2nd when the awards show airs. If my calculations are correct, that means one trip to the theatre every week between now and then. That’s a lot of popcorn!
Finally, to readers who are awaiting a post about my mystery Instagram photo, I apologize, but you’re going to have to wait a couple more days. Life got in the way of finishing our project, so we’re hoping to complete it this weekend and reveal on Monday. Toodles until then, and have a fabulous weekend! =)