Part of the reason I started my blog is because I’ve become such an ardent fan of others. Reading blogs has become such a salient part of my daily routine that, believe it or not, I’ve come to dread the weekends. Saturday and Sunday mean forty-eight hours of no new posts!
Does this sound slightly crazy? Yes. Thankfully, I’m not kooky enough that I don’t realize it.
But I have to say, some of the people out there are really talented writers, fascinating human beings, and great teachers. I learned how to make my dining room table thanks to bloggers. My spirits have been lifted by their humor, and thanks to one blogger in particular, I now know what I’m getting my parents for their wedding anniversary this year…a whole seven months in advance. Score!
To that end, I feel that I owe these people some payback. So on every Monday morning I will post “The Double-Us” – a list of links to some of my favorite articles, posts, and other finds from the past seven days. Enjoy!
2. Vanilla Salt – who woulda thunk!? (joythebaker.com)
3. The cutest hat EVER. (galmeetsglam.com)
4. So proud of my sister – “changing lives one burpee at a time!” (williamsrecord.com)
5. That explains a lot! (huffingtonpost.com)
6. Adorable AND affordable = best buy. I have to own this scarf…or three. (dresscorilynn.com/blog)
7. Currently reading…(amazon.com)
P.S. I owe credit to my friend, Kerry, who once shared a story with Tyler and I about her grandfather who calls the internet – “The Double Us”. Thanks Kerry!